Agriculture Editor's Picks

Muchinga FISP beneficiaries deposit 85%

• The provincial administration is content with deposits made by farmers.
• 65 percent of seed has also been received.
• Captain Davidson has cautioned FISP beneficiaries who have a habit of selling their inputs.

Muchinga Province Permanent Secretary has disclosed that 85 percent of Farming Input Support Program (FISP) beneficiaries in Muchinga Province have made their deposits in readiness of their farming inputs for the 2021/2022 farming season.

Speaking when Nerias investment General Manager paid him a courtesy call, Captain Davidson Mulenga revealed that the Province has received 80 percent of Compound D and Urea fertiliser disclosing that trucks are on their way to deliver the remaining 20 percent expected today.

Captain Mulenga noted 65 percent of seed has also been received for the beneficiaries stating that distribution will commence once flagged off by President Edgar Lungu.
He has since stated that the provincial administration is content with deposits made by farmers.

“Muchinga province will have as much bumper harvest as we have had in 2021,” he anticipated.
Meanwhile Cpt. Mulenga has cautioned FISP beneficiaries who have a habit of selling their inputs once received to stop doing so or risk being removed from the list.

He noted farmers should know that the gesture from government comes at a huge expense hence need to use the input in a prudent manner for them to be food secure.

“For those that are in a habit or in the habit of disposing off in exchange with money should stop forthwith and as Muchinga Province Administration the moment we get or come across such people who sell at even cheaper price than the actual price we will ban them we will remove them from the list of those that are benefiting and put a lot more people that have been waiting for some time on the same list so that they are also given that opportunity to receive some input,” he cautioned.

And Neria’s Investment General Manager Martin Chaikatisha hoped that small scale famers can adapt to improved methods of farming to increase their levels of production per hector.

He stated the partnership with Ministry of Agriculture is working well and the company endeavors to continue with the same trajectory.

“Obviously am mindful of the fact that Mafinga because of the terrain, so by weekend in Mafinga we should be hitting 100 percent because of the roads,” said Mr. Chaikatisha.

Related posts

FQM invests US$68, 000 in clean water for Kalumbila Mining Community

Money FM

1, 476 new Covid-19 cases with 12 deaths

Money FM

ZANEC calls for massive investment in blended learning

Money FM

Leave a Comment